Intro to Mobile Marketing
Mobile Marketing – It’s here to stay!
Are you sick of throwing money away on advertising that just doesn’t work? There’s a revolution shaking up traditional local promotion, and your business could be left behind if you ignore it… This new revolution is Mobile Marketing!
- Over 5 Billion cell phones, smartphones & mobile devices are owned by your customers
- 25 million text messages are sent every month to your customers
- 97.5% of text messages sent to your customers are read within 5 minutes
- 28% of consumers respond to SMS promotions generated by your competitors
You don’t need to hear us tell you about how big mobile is – just look around! People use their cell phones, smartphones and other mobile devices as an extension of themselves throughout the day. And they rely on their phones and mobile devices to help them make most of their decisions about where and on what to spend their money every day.
- 73% of the population has a smartphone or mobile device
- Google Maps has 150 million mobile users (Google, SXSW 2011)
- 90% of smartphone users search for local information on their phones (Pew Research Center, 2011)
- 89% of adults surveyed by Yelp indicated they used the phone book less than once a month or less (Yelp, 2011)
- 80% of US adults under 35 consider the Internet their main source of information on local purchases; for the total population it is 70% (TMP Local Search Study)
- 39% indicated that they “routinely felt frustrated” by not being able to find a local business online (Webvisible-Nielsen, 2009)
Consumer Search Behavior
- 86% of all online searchers use mobile marketing local search to find businesses (Kelsey Group)
- 3 billion mobile marketing searches each month are for local-based keywords (Google, SXSW 2011)
- 20% of Google’s total mobile marketing searches contain a geographic/ local qualifier like a zip code, a city, or a street (Google, SXSW 2011)
- 1 in every 3 Google mobile marketing searches from mobiles are local (Google, CITA Wireless 2010)
- Half of all Bing mobile marketing searches are local (Bing, CITA Wireless 2011)
- 40% of all Google Maps traffic is from a mobile marketing device (Google, SXSW 2011)
- 30% of all restaurant searches are from a mobile marketing device (Google Mobile blog)
Consumer Purchase Behavior
- 90% of mobile marketing searchers perform some offline follow up with businesses they find online such as calling for more information or making a purchase (ComScore)
- 59% of local mobile marketing information seekers visit a business after looking up information on it on their cell phones (Google Mobile Insights)
- 51% of people would characterize their shopping behavior as research online, buy offline (NPD Group)
- 21% of US adults surveyed said they had used a search engine to research a mobile marketing shopping decision in the past 24 hours (Pew Internet & American Life Survey, 2010)
- 61% of online mobile marketing local searches result in an offline purchase (TMP/ comScore)
- 88.2 million US adults have redeemed an mobile marketing online coupon in the last year (eMarketer)
The widespread use of cell phones and smartphones, makes it possible for even the smallest business to generate large flows of traffic by sending a single mobile marketing text message. Now you can tap into the power of mobile marketing for potential and current customers for more traffic, more new sales and more repeat sales.
Eagle Mobile Marketing! services can help:
- Create a mobile-friendly website that can be found and viewed online by mobile phone searchers
- Build mobile coupons & specials that will help sell your products/services quickly
- Develop SMS or text message campaigns, based on mobile marketing customer loyalty
- Promote your business so you are found online – specifically in mobile marketing review sites where real customers actually look
Mobile marketing is not just for restaurants, sports bars and realtors – it’s for plumbers, salons, photographers, contractors, retailers, and more. In fact, every business has a STRONG need for Eagle Mobile Marketing today!
We can help you stay in front of this growing trend and add both customers and sales to your bottom line. If you are ready to take the next step, call or email us TODAY!
To speak with one of our Eagle Mobile! experts, or to request a FREE Web Marketing Analysis and Quote, please fill out the form in the sidebar at the top of this page!
Contact Us TODAY!
We will be in touch within the next business day!